Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it a bad idea to pick and handle your Pacman?

Ebenezer Frothingham

Default Re: Is it a bad idea to pick and handle your Pacman?

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    They freak out cause they think they're going to get eaten. They are out of place being up high from the ground. They love that dirt,like fish love water. Did you ever see a wtf burry him self in dirt. I never did. So right there ,like everyone said,nonononono and no handleing to much.

This is one reason why i suspect pacmans who live an bare tanks with no substrate get very stressed. if they cant burrow and hide, how will they feel secure?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

hophappygirl

I have heard you aren't supposed to handle pacmans, but pacmans aren't my area of expertise.

Ebenezer Frothingham

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    I work in a fiberglass factory and we use a lot of harmful chemicals yet there is an. American Toad that lives in the factry. I've come to work at 4 in the morning and found him chasing spiders around for a snack. He's been there since I've been working th er. I've worked there for 5 years. Pretty tough toad. His burrow is in a crack in the concrete floor and its lined with fiberglass and it obviously doesn't bother him at all.

What an amazing toad- Toads seem to be one of the most adaptable creatures in the frog kingdom. What does he do for food?

BG

To get back to the thread. Yes its a bad idea to pick up and handle your pacman and if you do,your'e watching to much youtube.lol

IvoryReptiles

Name:  DSCF6181.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  128.6 KBName:  DSCF6154.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  144.4 KBName:  DSCF6186.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  136.5 KBName:  DSCF6155.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  135.2 KBName:  DSCF6156.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  120.7 KBName:  DSCF6163.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  136.3 KBName:  DSCF6157.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  127.8 KB

And one of my favorites.....The Airport Search...........

Name:  DSCF6167.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  134.0 KB

Did that help?? LOL

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post
    Since I don't share your religious beleifs, we'll never agree on that subject-

But clearly we both like frogs, so at least there we can find common ground..

and back on the thread- I was thinking when handling frogs, would using latex gloves be a good idea? i wouldn't want soap from my hands to irritate my frog- but do they react badly to latex? The only time I really need to touch him is when i change out the substrait
    We wash our hands with Dawn dish soap and rinse them very well, dry them completely and then use de-chlorinated water that we use for the frog's enclosures to saturate our hands before we handle them. Not sure what chemicals they could pick up from the latex, but since I'm allergic to it, I don't want to chance the frogs having a bad reaction to it.

BG

The one that is yellow and brown spots will the yellow go away? Jessica thank you for the pics.i like the yellowbrownspots.

IvoryReptiles

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    The one that is yellow and brown spots will the yellow go away? Jessica thank you for the pics.i like the yellowbrownspots.
    Movie Quote : "Even the Wisest cannot say."
    We have held back some of them and in some the yellow intensifies and in others it turns pastel.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I have read through all of this. I am glad you have resolved this but I still don't want to leave the thread as it stands. This community is not the place to debate religion, or politics for that matter. Please don't do that again. I'll leave this message here for a few days but I'm going to start pruning. I hope you can understand why. If you have something more to say on the matter, please do not reply here - send me a private message.

Someone asked me what pruning means: it means removing the off-topic messages from the thread.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Sprout

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Frogs , for the most part, don't like to be held.

Frogs that are desensitized to handling= Stockholm syndrome
    I totally agree, I apologise if my post sounded like I'm constantly picking up my frog, I meant when it is necessary to move him I'm glad he's no longer scared I wouldn't advise anyone to to handle their frogs for no reason...

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post
    What an amazing toad- Toads seem to be one of the most adaptable creatures in the frog kingdom. What does he do for food?
    There are always spiders and insects that are inside the building. I've seen him chasing spiders in winter. Its funny. He was always 2 hops behind the sider the whole time. He isn't that scared of people either, but I guess that's from living among us for so long.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryReptiles View Post
    We wash our hands with Dawn dish soap and rinse them very well, dry them completely and then use de-chlorinated water that we use for the frog's enclosures to saturate our hands before we handle them. Not sure what chemicals they could pick up from the latex, but since I'm allergic to it, I don't want to chance the frogs having a bad reaction to it.
    I've read not to use latex gloves. You can buy non latex vinyl gloves that are supposed to be safe and have no chemical residue or powder. I prefer to wash my bare hands thoroughly and handle them.

Sublime

You can also use disposable Nitrile gloves made from an organic compound as an alternative for people who are allergic to Latex. I still would rather take the approach that Ivory is doing, wash your hands thoroughly and get a little bit of their coco fiber on your hands and then pick them up. I just get a little scared of the material stretching their sensitive skin, plus I like to be able to feel my little guy when I need to move him .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information