Thread: My Pacman seldom moves from one spot- is this normal?

Ebenezer Frothingham

Default My Pacman seldom moves from one spot- is this normal?

During the days my young Pacman is buried up to the eyes in the coconut fiber substraight- Sometimes her whole head is showing, other times only 1 eye. The only time I have seen my frog up and about was after the lights were out. If I add crickets during the day, sometimes she'll come out and feast.
    Is the total inactivity normal? Today she did not move once, but shortly after I turned out the lights, I noticed her position in the tank had changed. Should I be concerned about her inactivity? Her diet is no problem, she'll suck down all the bugs I feed her.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sublime

Default Re: My Pacman seldom moves from one spot- is this normal?

Pacman's are nocturnal, so inactivity during the daytime is normal. You should ideally be feeding them at night, during the daytime she will burrow and rest.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Frothingham View Post
    During the days my young Pacman is buried up to the eyes in the coconut fiber substraight- Sometimes her whole head is showing, other times only 1 eye. The only time I have seen my frog up and about was after the lights were out. If I add crickets during the day, sometimes she'll come out and feast.
    Is the total inactivity normal? Today she did not move once, but shortly after I turned out the lights, I noticed her position in the tank had changed. Should I be concerned about her inactivity? Her diet is no problem, she'll suck down all the bugs I feed her.
    Like sublime said. Pacman frogs are nocturnal. Its normal for them to stay buried during the day and be active at night. They change their position from time to time. They do have their favorite spots in the enclosure they pick and stay though.

Greg M

My pacman frogs are pretty sedentary - they move when they shed or poo, but otherwise, they stay in their favorite spots. I tong-feed, so perhaps they would be more active if they had to chase their food...

KINGblackPHINEX

yes its pretty normal mine almost never moves i even have to push the food towards her she is so lazy the only time she moves is when i change the cage and put her back in then she slowly goes and makes a burrow and sits there they are not very active frogs mine doesnt even move at night she is very healthy though just lazy so lazy my brother says she is a camper lol!

Thread Information