Thread: Anybody Else Trying To Breed Horned frogs/Pacman frogs this summer

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Thumbs up Anybody Else Trying To Breed Horned frogs/Pacman frogs this summer

I just wanted to know anybody else trying to breed pac man frogs this summer i am. And if people need a little help on trying to sex pairs and making rainchamber. I will be putting all my frogs through astivation this winter and then wake them up to try to breed them. I know is alot but i have being doing a lot of research talked to a breeder that does it naturally on how to care and feed the tadpoles. But i mostly breed most feeders for my frog like crickets i have a ton of babys, just started doing superworms i have 6 pupas already and i have a ispod colony so i have most of the things for the tadpoles and froglets . Good luck if your trying to do it . I want to breed my frogs naturally so if i dont get any tadpoles this time i will try it again during fall.
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Armenia]

Default Re: Anybody Else Trying To Breed Horned frogs/Pacman frogs this summer

I'd like to breed em in the future

keep us updated on how it goes !

Nationality
    [United States]

Yea do alot of research before you try to do it

IvoryReptiles

Just a bit of info Pac.........Superworms & mealies are not the best staple diet for them. It can cause impaction due to the tough exo shells. We use a variety and it includes crickets, earthworms, an occasional pinky (once every 2 months or so) as well as a bit of the Pacman Food made by Samurai Japan Breeders, you can get it at PacmanFood.

Variety is the secret to keeping a healthy diet for them. We have a few tadpoles from 2 broods we got last month and are actively breeding our pairs now.
    We are learning that taking a break during the cooler months is best for our group.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yea thats not that staple but it will be mixed in with crickets and earthworms and pinky twice a month show us some of your pairs and some tadpoles

IvoryReptiles

You're more than welcome to check out our site. I have pics posted there of some breeders & tadpoles. We also have a YouTube channel and I have videos there as well.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yea i look at when you put it on the website and youtube i plan on mainly breeding ornates and once i get my hand on some cornutas and auritas

Eel Noob

Good luck on the endeavor.

Anyone with pictures of the future breeders?

Thread Information