Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Savage" Henry XXIV

Peachy

Default "Savage" Henry XXIV

video of my AFB takin a warm bath..read on the forums it was good for defacation. about 3.4inches and i believe to be a male

Henry - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sublime

Default Re: "Savage" Henry XXIV

Nice man, mine is pretty much the same size as yours; maybe a little bit bigger. He's also got the head of a male. What do you feed yours and how much can he eat?

Peachy

A very weird diet ranging from crickets/nightcrawlers to all dubia till they ran out to mice for a week cause i went on vacation(that's why hes kinda fat) and now just nightcrawlers and sometimes mice. hes about 2 1/2 months old and i hope he becomes a GIANT.

In terms of quantity, ive fed him about 15 medium dubia, 50 crickets, 2 small mice, 1 small mouse and one small shrew. Not all at the same time btw, all separate feedings

Not a fan of stuffing them to death because I like to know he defacates normally, but i want fast growth and results.

Sublime

Yeah mine's 2 1/2 months old right now as well. Me and you should record growth patterns haha. I haven't fed mine a small mouse yet, but probably going to feed him a pinkie this month. I only want to feed him a rodent once a month. Other than that I'm just feeding him large crickets, night crawlers, and superworms occasionally. Hopefully my dubia colony gets going soon, how come yours ran out? As long as your feeding him for 15-20 minutes 2-3 times a week, proper temps, and not excessive high in fat foods then you shouldn't have to worry about irregular defecating.

Peachy

Got too lazy trying to grow my colony, so i just fed them all to Henry. He goes crazy for them. I really wanna go for hornworms/silkworms as a big part of his staple diet. Supposedly they have great nutritional quality and i think they would be good for my AFB

Sublime

Yeah they're kind of expensive, but here's the nutritional value (Protein: 9% | fat: 3.07% | Calcium: 46.4mg/100g | Moisture: 85%). I was thinking about feeding them to mine as well every now and then.

Peachy

I was checking out the Pixie Project on Jela's Phat Phibs and they have a unique approach, but I dont know if I have the financial means or the time to provide my pixie with the variation of food that they do. Honestly I want to try the all rodent diet, maybe next summer. If you wanna keep track of yours and my frogs' growth, Im willing. Ill do an every week sort of deal?

Sublime

An all rodent diet will kill your frog or severely shorten their lives. I'll keep track of mine every month. The Pixie Project they did wasn't it just one group all dubias and the other group crickets. That shouldn't be to financially expensive.

BG

Before people get these titans, they should know off the bat that they like to eat alot. They should be able to plan how to feed them before they get them. That goes with every animal.

MonsterPyxie

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Before people get these titans, they should know off the bat that they like to eat alot. They should be able to plan how to feed them before they get them. That goes with every animal.
    +1

My dubia colony was brought along specifically for my pyxie. I'm around 450 dubia right now with mostly adults, and im not even feeding the dubia to my pyxie yet, so the colony has a chance to get better established.

I feed my pyxie 2 days on, 1 day off mostly, but sometimes every day if he is active.

At 20-25 medium sized roaches EVERY feeding, at his current size, which is only about 2", he will put a huge dent in the colony just on his own! That's around 100 roaches a week, minimum, at this point in time. It will likely be double that in a few weeks im sure the way my pyxie is growing.

just fyi...

also, about the pooping. Heat will always help the process. If you keep his temps around 85degrees, and the soil that he is burrowing in a good temp, above 80 would be ideal I imagine.

I keep mine slightly higher then that. about 87degrees air temp, and 83degree soil temp, and he has no problem passing all these roaches

Sublime

@Monster Good thinking. How long have you had your dubia colony again? How many did you start out with? 3-4 months for a colony to be well established, in you case it'll probably be less time though so that's good.

BG

You have to plan the future. You have to give them a vareity of foods, I know a guy that feeds his pixies chicken livers,hearts,and sprinkles calcium on it. They are doing great. Evry week the menu changes. Also cooked turckey with vitamins works. My turtles eat cooked turkey,chicken, they love it

Sublime

@George Hmm.. I know they're carnivore eaters and all, but don't you think those foods tend to be fatty and harder for them to digest/process. A diet that consisted mostly of insects and invertebrates with an occasional chick or rodent would probably be the most beneficial for your frog. I guess if you know a guy that's doing it then it probably isn't too bad, how old are his pixies? If they're older and still in healthy condition not lethargic, then it must be working.

Peachy

If youre referring to me, i have already planned what im going to feed my frog. i can provide for it financially, and as far as im concerned Henry will live and die a healthy frog. i dont need someone to school me on how to be responsible with an animal. thanks.

BG

Mark ,his frogs are doing great because he feeds them mostly roaches,and the other stuff once in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    @George Hmm.. I know they're carnivore eaters and all, but don't you think those foods tend to be fatty and harder for them to digest/process. A diet that consisted mostly of insects and invertebrates with an occasional chick or rodent would probably be the most beneficial for your frog. I guess if you know a guy that's doing it then it probably isn't too bad, how old are his pixies? If they're older and still in healthy condition not lethargic, then it must be working.

BG

Peach ,when i express my opinion i keep it generally speaking. I never disrespect or insult anyone . That is not my nature.I was not talking about you . I don't care what you do with your frog.and if you were insulted thats your problem. I speak from personal experience My opinion was not meant for you .OK peach so lets keep it peacful . We are here to learn from each other and have some fun OK peach .
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    If you're referring to me, i have already planned what I'm going to feed my frog. i can provide for it financially, and as far as I'm concerned Henry will live and die a healthy frog. i don't need someone to school me on how to be responsible with an animal. thanks.

Sublime

Mark ,his frogs are doing great because he feeds them mostly roaches,and the other stuff once in a while
    Oh ok, that's good. What's up with Peachy?

BG

He thought i was referring to him from one of my post but i wasn't.lol I never do
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Oh OK, that's good. What's up with Peachy?

BG

Mark, i take the food issue serious.

Sublime

Haha man... I should just talk all neutral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information