Thread: Thanks for Putting Up With Me

Lynx

Default Thanks for Putting Up With Me

To those of you who've taken the time to answer my many questions, I want to sincerely thank you. I've done a lot of research, and though I do feel like I have a pretty good handle on things, I'm a perfectionist, obsessed-with-details, worrywart with ADHD. I usually either want to be 100% sure about something, or I want more detail, because I'm a very visual hands on learner. This forum is the closest thing I have to someone actually in my home showing me how to do things. I also tend to ask a lot of questions because I collect details and useless facts like some of you collect frogs . Additionally, I have a tendency to never stop talking, which apparently extends to the written word as well. Yet, for the most part, you guys can patiently answer my questions without being judgmental or condescending. I promise I'm not as ignorant or stupid as I sound, and I someday hope to have the knowledge and confidence to return the favor.

Anyway, the forum has my deepest appreciation. I'll shut up now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sublime

Default Re: Thanks for Putting Up With Me

Everything you said about being a perfectionist and all is exactly the way I am. Minus the fact about how you talk a lot. I always think I'm screwing up with my pixie that I own and I need to learn the fact that I'm probably doing just as good or better of a job than a lot of frog hobbyists. I'm very ocd/perfectionist/worrying always having to look up facts and answers and constantly running stuff through my mind. Just don't want to find out something that I did to my frog that could be harmful or not benefit him enough. Plus with the type of frog that I own I worry even more because he's still a juvenile and they reach massive sizes so I want him to grow to full potential without me screwing up. I drive people crazy... Anyways, just thought I would share to relate to.

4. This member thanks Sublime for this post:

BG

Heather ,we need more people like you in this froggy world . We are all on the same Lilly pad. If you don't ask, you don't get. We learn from each other by sharing each others ideas. Sounds like you are a big time team player. I'm very happy your on my team. We are like a big family here.

meganmcnerney

Heather...I'm with you! I ask alot of questions too! I am also grateful for the advice that this board has given me!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Heather, me too! Perfectionist and analytical. Except I am a chatterbox also . Must be the name .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Never feel bad about asking questions!! There are plenty of people here who never tire trying to help answer them. Especially when the questions are coming from someone who truly cares about the health of their frogs and are willing to take advice. It's wonderful to watch people learning, and I'm not sure the learning ever stops if you take the hobby seriously.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Lynx

Thank you all again for the feedback. Glad to know I'm not alone in the boat. Even if I already know the answer, it's so nice to be able to bounce it off the minds of others to see if there's a better solution to something.

Must be the name .
    If your user name is indicative of your middle name, we seem to share that as well, except for spelling!

Thread Information