Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your feeding costs?

BG

Default Whats your feeding costs?

Hey guys and gals i was just bored and wanted to ask you what is your tab to take your friends out to dinner for a month lol. Mine comes out to 15-20 bills . The menu includes dubias which i breed but i still got to feed the lil buggers. Mice,shrimp,fish, and earthworms. this restaurant has a simple menu lol. I like to keep my friends happy so its on the house for them. lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Well, the crickets at Petsmart are $0.10 a piece. My bigger retf eats about 3 a day+/- medium sized and my baby eats about 2 a day. Not too bad. My firebellies and red spotted salamanders when I had them ate much more. I'd buy about 200 every two weeks and I'd be searching the cricket keeper towards the end of the two weeks (small crickets of the same cost). My American toad was a piggy and ate about 4-6 crickets every day or two depending on the season, plus cut up earth worms. He hibernated and only woke to eat every week or so for two winters. I think I woke him cleaning the tank. At one time though I had the two salamanders, 4 firebellies and my bufo and I was spending about $50 a month give or take. (The worms were free. Dumpy (bufo) was wild caught in our garden so I figured he'd tolerate wild worms, lol, and he did).
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Poly

Default Re: Whats your feeding costs?

40$ Monthly, (in the winter) that's 5$ for 24 crickets, weekly.

ToadPaparazzi

$5 for 24!!! Yikes!!! The avg. cost at local pe tstores here is 12-15 crickets for $1.00

milky85

in the states do you guys pay by the cricket?

We pay by the tub, dependent on size is how many you get... The last ones i got were classed as medium, but i would say they were a size four, it was about £2.00 for around 100 (or there abouts), but if you leave it to late in the week, half of them are dead, as in the petshop their not looked after or fed. As soon as you bring the back they eat loads for about two or three days.

so my bill for a month would be around 10 to 15 green queens (with meal worn treats lol)

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Just looked at the price on crickets in your petstores and I got to say that you're all lucky... Here they cost 4 SEK each for medium sized. That's more than 2/3 of a USD. So yeah, I'm glad I have the dubia colony for when the frogs arrive...

milky85

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJr View Post
    Just looked at the price on crickets in your petstores and I got to say that you're all lucky... Here they cost 4 SEK each for medium sized. That's more than 2/3 of a USD. So yeah, I'm glad I have the dubia colony for when the frogs arrive...
    wow... its crazy how much they change in price from country to country, its only crickets, wouldn't think it would be that much of a difference where you were.

George what an interesting topic you've started here... or am i just really sad

BG

Thats about right around here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToadPaparazzi View Post
    $5 for 24!!! Yikes!!! The avg. cost at local pe tstores here is 12-15 crickets for $1.00

BG

I'm going by the issue around here with the recession,depression,and inflation. I was also being curious George for a moment.lol. Its very interesting how much you guys pay abroad also.
    Quote Originally Posted by milky85 View Post
    wow... its crazy how much they change in price from country to country, its only crickets, wouldn't think it would be that much of a difference where you were.

George what an interesting topic you've started here... or am i just really sad

BG

The Hobie is priceless. As a matter of fact its not sad at all. I still have my insanity from whats going on around us. Especially now that 9/11 is approaching i look comfort in my Hobie.

Nationality
    [United States]

Wow! It's 10 for $1.00 usd here! That's it, I'm moving, lol! Jk .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

BG

I have done alot of home work before i got into reptiles and amphibians. One of the things i looked into was there food supply. How much it cost,whats a good insect breeder,and how much does every animal eats. When i first started, i made the biggest mistake, thats if i went long term with this project. I raised 5 American bullfrog tadpoles. The experience was unbelievably wonderful. At the time i didn't know that bullfrogs need alot of space and will eat you out of house and home. As soon as they became froglets i set them free in my friends ponds. Thats how my frog journey was started, and here i am.

bshmerlie

About $30 for 44 frogs.

BG

That is excellent Cheri . That comes out to 68 cents a frog.
    Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    About $30 for 44 frogs.

about 27 dollars every 4 weeks for 50 frogs .....thats 1000 crickets and 6 weeks of fruit flies plus cal

BG

Very well budgeted.
    Quote Originally Posted by velvety14u View Post
    about 27 dollars every 4 weeks for 50 frogs .....thats 1000 crickets and 6 weeks of fruit flies plus cal

Nationality
    [United States]

I mostly breed my feeders like crickets i have a ton of baby crickets ,mealworms and bout to start superworms i need to start a dubia roach colony once i breed my pacs i will have over 200 300 babys frogs to take of main two things i have to pay for mice , superworms ,earthworms
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

BG

I got to visit you frog farm .LOL

Nationality
    [United States]

yea my female could probaly eat two mice in a week i trying to get her back on eartworms but she will eat shrimp and mice and im getting back into breeding bettas i have two males i need to get two female
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

froggymatt

Post Re: Whats your feeding costs?

for my frogs its about 20 usd a month. thats for 1000 crickets plus calcium and mealworms. thank god for the bait shops here in florida!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information