Thread: Plant Care?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Question Plant Care?

Hey guys,

Up until just reciently my plants were doing just fine. Just afew days ago they are slowly turning brown and (wilting?). I am not sure exactly why.

I believe the lighting is sufficient with 2 12" exo-terra light fixtures with a 30g tank. The humidity is always above 85%.

I mist the tank with R/O water. I seldomly add dechlorinated tap; only when I am refilling the LECA layer. I am wondering if that is the main reason. Sounds logical. Looking back on this I don't imagine the plants are getting any minerals out of the R/O water, and they just started looking like this when I switched to R/O water. Maybe I am answering my own question? Still, I would really like to be sure. You guys are always so helpful, so I imagine I'll get some pointers as well.

Thanks guys!
    MeTree,

btw, Grace is doing awesome! She is so bright, beautiful, incredibly active, and very bold. She stares me down everytime I open the lid. She has been a real joy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Default Re: Plant Care?

Hard to say but what temperature is it where the leaves are browning?
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Could you post a picture of the browning and perhaps give us an ID on the plants? Some plants' leaves like Dracaena sanderiana (commonly known as "lucky bamboo") will turn browish if exposed to too much light. The leaves of Epipremnum aureum (pothos) can easily get brown because they get burned from to much heat, often from a heat lamp.

Nationality
    [United States]

I will try to get some pictures up really soon. The tank temp is usually about 76-79*F. I turn the lights on every other day because I am usually only at the other house (the house I am moving out of) once or twice a day. Unfortunately I don't know which plants are which, but hopefully after I post some pics some of you guys can ID them. I need to go home, grab some batteries, and fire up the camera for some plant pictures.

Also, my climbing vine (not sure what kind) hasn't climbed the background since I got it. Any tips on getting that to grow?

Sorry for the lack of information. I hope to get some pics up soon. Thanks for the help guys!

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MeTree View Post
    I will try to get some pictures up really soon. The tank temp is usually about 76-79*F. I turn the lights on every other day because I am usually only at the other house (the house I am moving out of) once or twice a day. Unfortunately I don't know which plants are which, but hopefully after I post some pics some of you guys can ID them. I need to go home, grab some batteries, and fire up the camera for some plant pictures.

Also, my climbing vine (not sure what kind) hasn't climbed the background since I got it. Any tips on getting that to grow?

Sorry for the lack of information. I hope to get some pics up soon. Thanks for the help guys!
    Once again, the some pictures for us!

About the climbing vine. I don't know what kind you have, but if you want a crazy climber, get a pothos. I guarantee it you it won't disappoint you, especially if it's a high humidity tank, like the dart frogs have.
    And about the light, I would recommend getting a timer. They cost virtually nothing and will do the you're job much easier. Your plants will probably thank you as well.

Thread Information