Thread: White's size variation

spooky

Default White's size variation

My 2 White's are very different in shape. One is short and chunky, the other is longer and more slender. Is this normal? The more slender one has more protruding eyes. I am going to put him/her in a smaller container for feeding in case he/she's not getting their fair share of food. Having said that, it's not just slimmer than the chunky monkey, it's longer too so not sure if it's underweight. My camera broke on me so I can't get any pics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: White's size variation

Any one else think she might have one of the Indonesian variety and one of the Australian type? Sorry Katie I don't know for sure.

spooky

Ahhh, possibly! Although as I got them together I assumed they were from the same 'batch'. Skinny frog ate lots yesterday, I watched for ages! Put some crickets right in front of her and she gobbled them up! Maybe they're just like people (to an extent!) and come in different shapes/sizes/colours....!! Fatter one is a much brighter green the skinnier one... Will investigate further

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Kurt's the expert. Come on Kurt.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

I would have to see them. My guess is if you feed the skinnier one some wax worms it may catch up weight wise. I would also have a vet check them over and do a fecal float.

spooky

Thanks Kurt Looks like I'm waxworm shopping today then! How big are waxworms? My frogs are still very small

Kurt

Just under 2 cm. They do come smaller on occasion. You can also culture them and there was a recent post on the subject.

spooky

Thank you very much!! Hopefully I'll get her back to her healthy old self ASAP

Thread Information