Thread: Breeding White Lipped Tree Frogs

cowbully

Default Breeding White Lipped Tree Frogs

Im trying to get my white lipped tree frogs to mate. whaat do i have to do??? Lower the temperature?..Feeding?...Humidity? Any info will help. Our male is calling like crazy every day/night and our female is being a little piggy and eating everything she can get can get her hands on literally!! She looks huge! lol Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kreamcheese

Default Re: Breeding White Lipped Tree Frogs

I've heard that breeding these is very difficult. I have a male and female myself but recreating the conditions that the frogs would normally breed in is not an easy task. Believe it's similar to the whites tree frog where you need a rain chamber, that's the extent of what I know. Another member may be able to help further.

cowbully

oh ok. i will look into the rain chamber. thank you and good luck with your two as well

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Most species need a cooling period, as mentioned. Lower the temps, by say 5-10 degrees, feed less and keep the humidity lower. Obviously, this can be a stressful period for frogs, so only the healthiest animals should be subjected to it. After about 2 months, raise the temps to normal, feed heavily, and mist often. This is where the rain chamber comes in to play. Once you have regular calling from the males and females look big (like what you're describing), introduce them to the rain chamber.

Alot of times, groups or frogs get better results than a single pair, but it can happen with pairs.

Having just bred white's (which breed similarly to white lippeds), I can say from experience that you will need to provide much more food than you might think, both for the tadpoles and the froglets. You might end up with literally thousands of tadpoles if your frogs cooperate.

Also, have a several tanks ready for the tadpoles, you'll need em!

Finally, I'd like to say that I really hope you can get these guys to breed, it would be great to see more CBB white lipped TFs in the hobby.

Good Luck.
    Azureus Matecho BYH Citronella Regina White's TF

Josh (aka jwthought81)

cowbully

ok so even though he is calling heavily everyday and she is eating like a cow...still go through the lowering temps and humidity. ok. how much should they be fed. crickets.....weekly, bi-weekly. i am in the process of building a rain chamber as we speak. i know it would be alot easier and more successful if there were a group of frogs but were gone try our luck with the lucky pair! and thank you so much for this valuable information

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Well, I was just giving a broad explanation of the process. If they are already in that state, maybe just go for the rain chamber and see how it goes.
    Azureus Matecho BYH Citronella Regina White's TF

Josh (aka jwthought81)

Pokestar123

Hey Im Getting Ready To Breed My Male White Lipped Tree Frog To A Female. I Am Wondering What Kind Of Ways I Can Mimic Their Habbitat To Breed. If Anyone Can Help Me Please Give Me Any Replies I Can Get ThankYou.

Thread Information