Thread: Photos of Lucky the RETF (And ernest, the wild cuban tree frog outside of my house)

coolicarboy

Default Photos of Lucky the RETF (And ernest, the wild cuban tree frog outside of my house)

I don't know if you guys remember Lucky, but last time I posted a picture he was a little baby. He is still kind of a baby, but boy has he grown up quick! (and healthy!)

Here he is.

Name:  IMG_8076.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  56.3 KBName:  IMG_8077.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  62.5 KBName:  IMG_8078.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  59.5 KBName:  IMG_8079.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  55.7 KBName:  IMG_8080.jpg
Views: 2313
Size:  65.4 KB

And here is a wild Cuban tree frog that lives outside of my front door. I always see him hunting at night. He also likes to hang out right in front of the window. Maybe to model for the camera. I named him ernest.

Name:  IMG_8063.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  44.7 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Photos of Lucky the RETF (And ernest, the wild cuban tree frog outside of my house)

Lucky is a great looking frog but he seems a bit on the skinny side. Do you feed him much?
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

coolicarboy

Default Re: Photos of Lucky the RETF (And ernest, the wild cuban tree frog outside of my house)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Lucky is a great looking frog but he seems a bit on the skinny side. Do you feed him much?
    Usually I feed him one day on, one day off. Sometimes two days on, one day off. Ill put like 3-5 crickets in, and they are mostly gone in the morning. Every other feeding I sprinkle Calcium with Vitamin D3 on the crickets. Remember that when he came, he was with a sick frog. Should I feed him every day until he's fattened up?

Nationality
    [Ireland]

He's young - I would feed him every day.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

BG

Nice little guy . Pump him up ! lol,and the outside frog do you feed him?

stolenheron

not a fan of the cuban tree frogs in S FL. I am from fort myers (south west coast of FL). the cuban TFs have decimated out native green tree frog and squirrel tree frog populations. lots of green house frogs are also present in my yard and luckily I dont have cane toads in my yard just yet, but I have found them within 2 miles of my home.

they do make good pets though!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Very nice! I agree with the others, I'd start doing nightly feeding and fatten him up a bit!
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

BG

Quote Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
    not a fan of the Cuban tree frogs in S FL. I am from fort myers (south west coast of FL). the Cuban TFs have decimated out native green tree frog and squirrel tree frog populations. lots of green house frogs are also present in my yard and luckily I dont have cane toads in my yard just yet, but I have found them within 2 miles of my home.

Wow you are so lucky to have an outdoor vivarium in your back yard looking thru your window.

coolicarboy

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Nice little guy . Pump him up ! lol,and the outside frog do you feed him?
    Nope, he's an independent wild cuban tree frog. He's there every day. He loves to hang out on the light next to my front door at night, because thats where all the moths and bugs are. He doesn't mind me watching. I was outside watching him, and saw him jump and catch a moth. It was awesome.

He's actually there right now. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
    not a fan of the cuban tree frogs in S FL. I am from fort myers (south west coast of FL). the cuban TFs have decimated out native green tree frog and squirrel tree frog populations. lots of green house frogs are also present in my yard and luckily I dont have cane toads in my yard just yet, but I have found them within 2 miles of my home.

I have cane toads often. They come out in storms, which is like every day. Haha.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Ill start feeding him every day, with calcium w/d3 every other day.

froggymatt

you are soo locky to be living in fort myers! i would kill to get my hands on a cane toad! all we have down here in sanford is cubans,squirrels,green,and some weird kind i havent identified yet!

coolicarboy

Quote Originally Posted by froggymatt View Post
    you are soo locky to be living in fort myers! i would kill to get my hands on a cane toad! all we have down here in sanford is cubans,squirrels,green,and some weird kind i havent identified yet!
    I had no idea cane toads are so popular. There are loads of them around my area, especially during storms.

Thread Information