- Display Name:
- Location (visible to members only):
- United States
- I am a mom to 4 kids. They have a fairly new passion for frogs. I end up making sure that the frog, cat and dog taken care of each day. I stay at home because we cant afford childcare for four and homeschool my oldest who will be going off to kindergarden next year. One day I plan to teach in a class room and if my kids are done with thier frogs and I am successful in keeping them alive I will take them in for a whole new group of kids to love and enjoy. But for now I am content to teach my 5, 4, 2 and 1 year old the love and care of animal and how they grow and change.
- reading, looking up info on how to care for my kids cat, dog, white's tree frog and soon a tadpole
- Mommy and assorted zoo keeper
- Species kept:
- Froggy/Frogger- Whites Tree Frog
Callie- Calico Cat
baby hermit crab, Crab, Mr. Googlie Eyes, and tomorrow 5 more crabs
2 molly fish
1 chinese algae eater
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Post
- White or Wrong January 20th, 2012
- Total Albums
- Total Pictures
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- July 20th, 2011
- Last Activity
- March 1st, 2012
- Join Date
- April 28th, 2011
Showing Friends 1 to 2 of 2
View mommyof4froglovers's Blog
on October 11th, 2011 at 09:47 AM
Our 3 froglets are growing and eating fruitflys. We have 2 that like to stay up high on the branches and one that likes to hide at the very bottom. They are so tiny and cute.
I am going to have to see how small the pin head crickets are and decide when to move them to those. I hate fruit flys they are all over the place in the tank even with fruit in the bottom to attrack them.
We change thier water everyday and they are rarely in it. They really like to hide though. My kids
on October 6th, 2011 at 11:00 AM
We have raised 3 tadpoles to froglethood. Now if they all eat. I bought frut flies yesterday and fed the one who crawled out of the water 3 days ago. He hunted the fruit flies but didnt eat as many as I put in there. We will see if they eat tonight. The last one crawled out of the water today and they are now back in the 15 gallon with lots of fake plants, moss and a water and food bowl. The water bowl is a sauce cup with large rocks in the bottom and filled half full.
on September 28th, 2011 at 12:29 AM
Well it has been a week since we recieved our whites tadpoles. They are all 3 alive to my suprise. I figured I would mess it up.
All 3 are showing legs and I just saw feet on the smallest ones hind legs. Yay. They are seeming to do well.
I tried giving them freeze dried blood worms today. They werent interested. Maybe I will get the real stuff later.
I am not sure when I need to move them to thier 15 gallon tall tank. I plan on filling the bottom
on September 23rd, 2011 at 09:19 PM
I was just going to add a comment to yesterdays but it wont let me for some reason. Today I added a fake plant. I also think 2 have the starting of back legs. The kids havent noticed it yet though.
on September 22nd, 2011 at 11:44 PM
I added a heater because my friend just got it to me. They are active and eating well. So hopefully the tadpoles will continue to thrive. I probably will start weekly updates till they are about to climb out of the water. I am curious though since there are only 3 if I should have just cleaned and put them in my other enclosure with less water than my 10 gallon aquarium. But they are fine for now. If all the experts say to change it I can always move them and figure out away to make my filter